Saturday, July 20, 2013

Small Victories

I spent much of today with my sister and niece visiting a farmer's market and a kid's fest in a local park.  It was so hot...and there were so many temptations!

The farmer's market was loaded with homemade breads, cookies, fudge, caramels, and ____________ (insert every possible homemade treat here).  Of course, there were free samples too!  I am proud of myself because I only walked away trying one sample and making one purchase.  They had a local bee keeper who sold creamed honey.  It's just honey...no extras...just processed a different way.  They carried many different flavors including a raspberry honey and a cinnamon orange honey.  My sister and I each tried one and then bought what we tried.  So delish!

We walked around for so many hours doing the different activities that we missed lunch.  I was SO hungry by the time we were done.  I only had a few minutes before I had to meet my parents, so I ran into McDonald's.  I know...not the most ideal location...but I made it work!  I bought a fruit parfait and left off the granola (mostly because I was driving) and some apple slices.  Crisis averted!

Overall, I am proud of my efforts today.  I needed some positive moments after the week I've had!

I can do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment