Thursday, July 25, 2013

It's Thursday...

Well...I've been surviving!  There have been a few bumpy days!  The cravings I have some days just amaze me.  I know I'm not hungry, yet I eat and eat in hopes of filling whatever "something" that is missing.  I think a large part of it involves hormonal changes and monthly sorts of things...  The anxiety of going back to school in a few short weeks is starting to sink in.  There are many things to be done...and many things that I haven't done.  I wanted to be further on my journey by now...but I'm not. I need to be ok with that.

I went to the dentist today.  It was long overdue.  I honestly don't take good care of my teeth.  I hate flossing, mouth wash burns, and I go to bed every now and then without brushing.  Since I graduated from college, I haven't had dental insurance.  I tacked it on this year...but was paranoid about going.   I knew that some of my bottom lower teeth were bad and I was simply too embarrassed to go...until today.  I was still embarrassed...but went for it anyway.

Today I experienced both ends of the spectrum.  The hygienist was wonderful.  She was very caring and easy to talk to...I'm usually super awkward in these sorts of situations.  She even made a comment about my boney wrist when she took my blood pressure.  No one has EVER said any part of my body was boney!  Haha!  I enjoyed her and she made the process as easy as possible.  The receptionist was wonderful too!  Sometimes they make you feel like you're stupid, but she was great!  Answered all of my questions before I could even ask them.

The dentist on the other hand...still a great guy I'm sure...but there was less of a fuzzy feeling.  My dentist from back home was the only one I had ever been to.  He's the kind of guy that knows you and cares about your family.  He goes to your graduation parties and weddings...he's that kind of guy!  This guy was young...and rather good looking!  He made several comments that made me think..."would he be saying this to me if I wasn't 100 pounds overweight?"  He told me to make sure I wasn't drinking a lot of pop...limit my candy intake...your typical dentist response.  But then he proceeded to tell me to make sure I wasn't constantly eating...to make sure my teeth had a chance to catch up with all of the food I eat.  Ok...no problem.  But then he said it multiple times...like it wasn't sinking in. Hmmm...valid point, no doubt, but just makes me wonder a bit.

Anyway...I survived!    Lots of $ and pain in the future...but this too can be fixed!

So it's Thursday....


  • I'm thankful for dental insurance.
  • I'm thankful for getting to spend a couple of days with my niece this week.
  • I'm thankful for my sister and her family finding a house...that's in the same town!  
  • I'm thankful for a lady's retreat that I'm a part of this weekend.  (Will be somewhat stressful because I'm helping my mom run it...but we've made it this far!)
  • I'm thankful for beautiful weather today!  Makes mowing the lawn not so bad...

No comments:

Post a Comment