Thursday, January 9, 2014

Real Food Makes All The Difference

I've spent the week snowed in…literally.  I haven't left my house except to shovel snow since last Friday night.  This extra time has been much appreciated!  I've been able to clean my house (almost finished) and do some good meal planning and cooking.

One thing I've noticed is how much of a difference eating REAL food has made.  The days when I ate junk I was left ravenous as the sun went down.  I would eat something sweet mid-day (snow ice cream) and then just want to eat and eat and eat.  Here's a little proof:


  • Thursday: 2,871
  • Friday: 2,400
  • Saturday: 3,088
  • Sunday: 2,024
  • Monday: 2,569
  • Tuesday: 1,755
  • Wednesday: 1,335
  • Thursday: 1,380
The past three days have been amazing!  It really hasn't even been about meeting my calorie goals.  I've eaten good, solid food at each meal and haven't really needed to eat anything extra.  The only down side is that I'm running out of prepped food as the week is coming to a close…time to come up with some ideas for next week.  This may be somewhat of a challenge if I don't make a trip to the store.  I have plenty of food that could work…but I'm running low and fresh veggies.  On the other hand, maybe I'll just finish what I have at home first.  I've realized how much of a food hoarder I am and how much usually goes to waste.

Maybe I'll leave my house…someday.  

1 comment:

  1. Man, I wish we had gotten that snow. All we had was some ice, and the storm basically missed us!

    ReplyDelete