Sunday, August 11, 2013

Back to School

It's been a while since I've posted...partly because I've been in a funk...and partly because I've been super busy.  I am also injured.  My sister brought over her treadmill to keep here while they are in the process of moving.  I have never used a treadmill.  I did my same running exercises that I do around town on the treadmill and that was a mistake!  I'm pretty sure I've pulled my hamstring...and that is NOT a good feeling!  I know I've used it as an excuse...but it seriously hurts!

Tomorrow starts the new school year...my sixth year of teaching!  It's hard to believe that I've been at it that long already!  Time has surely flown.  Part of me is wishing that tomorrow wasn't happening yet.  One of my biggest regrets is that I did not meet my summer weight loss goal.  I wanted to be skinnier.  I wanted to be wearing completely different sizes...but I'm not.

There have been some victories though.  I started to go through my closet to see what exactly I have to wear in the upcoming weeks.  Though my sizes haven't changed dramatically, I do have some clothes that won't be returning this school year because they are too big.  As I've said before, I'm a bargain shopper.  Therefore, I have several shirts that I bought on clearance that never fit.  They were my "goal shirts."  Many of them fit now!  And then there are some that were super tight that are getting closer to being wearable!  Yay!

Lovely picture...I know!  This was one of my favorite shirts!  It's silky and now almost too big in places and I haven't even worn it yet!

This is another silky one.  It fits just right!

This one fits fairly well.  It's practically see through in spots...so I would like to to be a tad looser through the tummy area so I can comfortably wear a shirt underneath.  This has also been one of my favorites that I've just been dying to wear!

This one has been in my closet for a long time.  It was a killer deal...but never came close to fitting.  It's also in the almost there category and will require a shirt underneath.

I was shocked when I tried this one on.  Just a little tight around the tummy...but not bad at all.  

And my new goal shirt!  I know...not a pretty sight!  However...I bought this one without trying it on in the store.  When I got home and tried it on I thought I was going to have to cut myself out of it!  So tight!  Definitely still tight...but there is hope!

One of my problems is that I'm starting the year off with a lot of shirts...but very few pants that fit well. So...I've got a few pair of capri-type pants that will work for a while as well as some skirts.  I've decided that I'm not going to buy any more pants until winter...unless I find a killer deal of course.  Hopefully by then I will be in a smaller size!  

Hopefully going back to work will bring life back to normal.  I need a constant schedule to succeed!  

Wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment